- Introduction to research methods
- Attributes and scales
- Quality criteria
- Introduction to the descriptive statistics:
- Location parameter
- Dispersion parameter
- Introduction to inferential statistics:
- Differences in the mean
- Mediation and Moderation
- Application in R-Studio (part of the exercise)
Statistics I (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|WIW-QMT-DST-M-1||Statistics I||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (General)|
|Area of study||[WIW-EPS] Entrepreneurship|
|Reference course of study||[WIW-82.21-SG] B.Sc. Business Studies|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||45 h||75 h||
- About [WIW-QMT-DST-K-1]: Title: "Statistics I"; Presence-Time: 45 h; Self-Study: 75 h
- About [WIW-QMT-DST-K-1]: The study achievement must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1 .
Study achievement SL1
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)
- Study achievement is a prerequisite for the examination.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (90 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 32101 ("Statistics I")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Outline the basics of the descriptive and inference statistics.
- Interpret the output of the statistics software R-Studio.
- Analyze statistical data and apply the correct statistical test.
- Argue on the basis of statistical results for or against a thesis (hypothesis).
- Formulate a research design for a specific context.
- Argue with the help of data and test statistics.
- Generate new research questions.
- Summarize statistical results.
- Field, A. (2009) Discovering statistics using SPSS. Sage.
- Field, A. (2012). Discovering statistics using R. Sage.
Students are provided with the Online-lecture in an OLAT course (Video). Moreover, they can obtain all necessary documents
there (Script, etc.).
The exercise will be in class (all materials will be uploaded to OLAT).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)