The subject of the lecture is Competition Law in the broader sense. This includes the Fair Trading Law (UWG) as well as the Cartel Law (GWB/AEUV) on a German and European level.
Competition Law (3CP) (M, 3.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|WIW-MKT-WR-M-7||Competition Law (3CP)||3.0 CP (90 h)|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-IWR] Private Law, Economic Law, Intellectual Property|
|Reference course of study||[MV-88.814-SG] M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Economics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||30 h||60 h||-||-||PL1||3.0||WiSe|
- About [WIW-IWR-WET-K-7]: Title: "Competition Law"; Presence-Time: 30 h; Self-Study: 60 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (90 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of the lecture, students will be able
- To understand, why and how the government regulates the markets and protects competition against state and private interference.
- To analyze complex legal questions and cases, to match them to the relevant fields of law and legal norms and to solve them correctly.
Literature will be announced at the beginning of the lecture.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)