- Analytical: problem identification, data handling, critical thinking; reason clearly and logically in sifting through the data available
- Decision: generate alternatives, select decision criteria, evaluate alternatives, choose alternative, formulate action/implementation plan
- Application: practice tools, techniques, theories you have learned
- Oral: speaking, listening, debating (think on your feet, consider others‘ viepoints, defend your positions)
- Written: Note-taking, case reports
- Time: considering preparation: schedule educational activities and manage time effectively
- Social: how to deal with your peers/work in groups: conflict resolution, the art of compromise
- Creative: find solutions geared to the unique circumstances of each case; use your imagination in problem solving (normally multiple solutions to each case in stead of one best/correct solution)
Case Challenge II (M, 6.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|WIW-MAR-TCC2-M-7||Case Challenge II||6.0 CP (180 h)|
|CP, Effort||6.0 CP = 180 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-MKT] Marketing|
|Reference course of study||[WIW-88.21-SG] M.Sc. Business Studies|
Participation in the “International MBA Case Competition” in Montréal
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Case Challenge II
|P||60 h||120 h||-||-||PL1||6.0||WiSe|
- About [WIW-MAR-TCC2-K-7]: Title: "Case Challenge II"; Presence-Time: 60 h; Self-Study: 120 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: presentation
- Examination Frequency: Examination only within the course
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After successful participation students will be able to:
- Present prepared solutions of case studies.
- Discuss problems and solutions of case studies within a group.
- Apply interdisciplinary knowledge on case studies.
- Analyze case studies pressed for time.
- Create reasonable and feasible solutions for case studies.
- Defend the prepared solutions.
- Mauffette-Leenders/Erskine/Leenders, Learning with Cases, WIR 608/129, Semesterapparat Roth
- Homburg, C. (2015). Marketingmanagement: Strategie - Instrumente - Umsetzung - Unternehmensfuehrung (5th ed., pp. 1-1375). Wiesbaden: Gabler.
- Kotler, P., Keller, K. L., & Bliemel, F. (2007). Marketing-Management: Strategien für wertschaffendes Handeln (12th ed.). München: Pearson Studium.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Successful participation in “Case Challenge I”.
Requirements for attendance (formal)