- Introduction to digital entrepreneurship
- Basics, specifics and challenges of digital start-ups
- Founder characteristics and building founder teams for startups
- Applying creativity techniques, identification and specification of opportunities based on digital technologies
- Implications of digital products and goods for market entry and competition
- Approaches to developing digital innovations and business models (e.g. Lean Startup, SAP Scenes)
- Digital financing options (e.g. crowdfunding, ICOs) for innovation and start-up projects
- Creating business plans
- Application of what has been learned to develop digital start-up ideas by student teams and final pitches in front of a jury of entrepreneurs and investors
Digital Entrepreneurship (M, 6.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|WIW-EPS-DE-M-7||Digital Entrepreneurship||6.0 CP (180 h)|
|CP, Effort||6.0 CP = 180 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-EPS] Entrepreneurship|
|Reference course of study||[WIW-88.21-SG#2009] M.Sc. Business Studies (2009) |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||60 h||120 h||-||-||PL1||6.0||WiSe|
- About [WIW-EPS-DE-K-7]: Title: "Digital Entrepreneurship"; Presence-Time: 60 h; Self-Study: 120 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: Portfolio
- Examination Frequency: Examination only within the course
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Each group will eventually structure itself into the following roles: (1) Project manager and communicator (write-up organization), (2) Product/service operations expert, (3) Market research expert, (4) Sales manager, (5) Financial manager & HR.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- Blank, S. & Dorf, B. (2012) The Startup Owner’s Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company. Pescadero (California), K&S Ranch.
- Maurya, A. 2012. Running Lean: Iterate from Plan A to a Plan That Works, 2. ed., Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly & Associates.
- Osterwalder und Pigneur (2010): Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers, ISBN: 9780470876411, John Wiley & Sons.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [WIW-EPS-DE-M-7]
|[WIW-EPS-MPOOL-7]||Field of Specialization: Entrepreneurship|