The lecture enables students to think strategically, future-oriented and to draw the necessary conclusions for increasing the competitiveness of industrial companies. The listeners know the systematic of the planning and implementation of complex development projects in industry and the basic approaches and structures of development departments. You will be able to play a key role in defining business, production and technology strategies for industrial manufacturing companies. Corporate management skills are taught.
The lecture includes the following contents:
- Basic terms for strategy, organization and processes in product development.
- Overview of the structure and process of creating services in the product creation process (e.g. Engineer to Order, Assemble to Order, Manufacture to Order).
- Development and supplier network.
- Product-oriented vs. component-oriented structures (design bill of materials).
- Process and method management in development management (e.g. process and method libraries).
- Information technology to support development work (e.g. CAD, PLM, ERP).
To deepen the learning content, various short exercises are carried out in groups during the event.