- Repeated introduction to the topic of downstream processing of bioprocesses (cell harvesting, digestion, coarse and fine purification of products)
- Affinity processes in the purification (e.g. membrane adsorbers, TAGs)
- Magnetic separation processes
- Electrical separation processes (e.g. electrophoresis, electrodialysis)
- Solvent extraction in bioprocess technology
- Isolation of cells (e.g. cytometry, isolation of stem cells)
The procedures are explained using practical examples. The focus is on microbial processes as well as the processing of fermentations of animal and plant cells.