Master Thesis (Mathematics, M.Sc.) (M, 30.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-MA-MAT-M-7||Master Thesis (Mathematics, M.Sc.)||30.0 CP (900 h)|
|CP, Effort||30.0 CP = 900 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-MAS] Master (M.Sc. - general)|
Up-to-date information on theses is provided, in particular, at the information events of the research focuses of the Department of Mathematics which take place each semester towards the end of the lecture period. Students should contact the lecturers of the chosen field of specialisation at an early stage - at the latest at the beginning of the second year of the Master's studies - in order to obtain information on the range of topics offered and the respective knowledge required.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: Master's thesis
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Limited (advanced) mathematical tasks from the chosen field of mathematical specialisation.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of this module, the students
- are able to independently work on a mathematical task within a specified period of time using scientific methods and are able to apply the specialist and methodological skills acquired in the course of their studies in a recognisable manner;
- are able to interpret scientific results critically and classify them according to their level of knowledge;
- are able to present their results in writing according to the principles of good scientific practice.
see the examination regulations
Requirements for attendance (informal)
all modules required in the section "Mathematical Specialisation" (including seminars and reading courses); depending on the orientation of the Master's thesis, knowledge from other modules of the Master's programme may be required, too.
Requirements for attendance (formal)
To start with the Master thesis, at least 60 credit points must have be acquired in the Master examination.
References to Module / Module Number [MAT-MA-MAT-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics||Master Thesis||[P] Compulsory|
|[MAT-88.706-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics International||Master Thesis||[P] Compulsory|
|[MAT-88.118-SG] M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics||Master Thesis||[P] Compulsory|
|[MAT-88.276-SG] M.Sc. Business Mathematics||Master Thesis||[P] Compulsory|