Master Thesis (M.Sc. AFM) (M, 30.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-MA-FVM-M-7||Master Thesis (M.Sc. AFM)||30.0 CP (900 h)|
|CP, Effort||30.0 CP = 900 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-MAS] Master (M.Sc. - general)|
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: Master's thesis
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Limited (advanced) mathematical tasks from the field of financial and actuarial mathematics.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of this module, the students
- are able to independently work on a mathematical task within a specified period of time using scientific methods and are able to apply the specialist and methodological skills acquired in the course of their studies in a recognisable manner;
- are able to interpret scientific results critically and classify them according to their level of knowledge;
- are able to present their results in writing according to the principles of good scientific practice.
see the examination regulations
Requirements for attendance (informal)
All required modules, seminars and reading courses in the section "Actuarial and Financial Mathematics" (incl. the secion on Specialisation); depending on the orientation of the Master's thesis, knowledge from other modules of the Master's programme may be required, too.
Requirements for attendance (formal)
To start with the Master thesis, at least 60 credit points must have be acquired in the Master examination.
References to Module / Module Number [MAT-MA-FVM-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[MAT-88.B84-SG] M.Sc. Actuarial and Financial Mathematics||Master Thesis||[P] Compulsory|