- Krylov space methods,
- reduced bases,
- Proper Orthogonal Decomposition (POD).
Model Order Reduction for Large Scale Systems (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-39-M-7||Model Order Reduction for Large Scale Systems||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Model Order Reduction for Large Scale Systems
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-39-K-7]: Title: "Model Order Reduction for Large Scale Systems"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86314 ("Model Order Reduction for Large Scale Systems")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By completing the given exercises, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and methods taught in the lecture. They have learnt how to apply the methods to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies.
- A.C. Antoulas: Approximation of Large-Scale Dynamical Systems,
- A.T. Patera and G. Rozza, Reduced Basis Approximation and A Posteriori Error Estima-tion for Parametrized Partial Differential Equations,
- P. Benner, V. Mehrmann, D.C. Sorensen: Dimension Reduction of Large-Scale Systems,
- W.H. Schilders, H.A. van der Vorst, J. Rommes: Model Order Reduction: Theory, Re-search Aspects and Applications.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-25-K-3] Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-14-11-K-3] Introduction to Numerical Methods (4V+2U, 9.0 LP)