- introduction to hyperbolic conservation laws,
- analytical statements for scalar hyperbolic equations,
- analytical statements for systems of hyperbolic conservation equations (in particular, WaveFrontTracking).
Theory of Hyperbolic Conservation Laws (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-31-M-7||Theory of Hyperbolic Conservation Laws||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Theory of Hyperbolic Conservation Laws
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-31-K-7]: Title: "Theory of Hyperbolic Conservation Laws"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86445 ("Theory of Hyperbolic Conservation Laws")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of this module, the students have studied and understand the analytical statements about hyperbolic conservation laws as well as the reasons for the limitations of possible statements. Moreover, the students are able to independently apply the techniques taught in the lecture (e.g. the Wave Front Tracking). They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and are able to comprehend and explain them. In particular, they are able to outline the conditions and assumptions that are necessary for the validity of statements.
- A. Bressan: Hyperbolic conservation laws: an illustrated tutorial; in: Modelling and Optimisation of Flows on Networks,
- A. Bressan: Hyperbolic Systems of Conservation Laws - The One-dimensional Cauchy Problem.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)