- kinematics and dynamics of a rigid body,
- mathematical description of kinematic articulations and force elements,
- mathematical analysis of multibody systems, equations of motion in absolute and joint coordinates,
- efficient evaluation of the motion equations, multibody formalisms,
- numerical solution of the motion equations, numerics of ODEs and DAEs,
- identification of parameters for multibody systems (optional).
Dynamics of Mechanical Multibody Systems (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-29-M-7||Dynamics of Mechanical Multibody Systems||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Dynamics of Mechanical Multibody Systems
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-29-K-7]: Title: "Dynamics of Mechanical Multibody Systems"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86184 ("Dynamics of Mechanical Multibody Systems")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of this module, the students understand how rigid bodies, kinematic and dynamic connection elements as well as systems of rigid bodies (multibody systems) can be described in a mathematically precise manner. They understand how the equations of motion of a multibody system can be derived from fundamental principles of mechanics in various formulations. Moreover, they know how these can be analyzed mathematically and solved numerically. They are able to name the main propositions of the lecture as well as to classify and to explain the connections.
They have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture.
- C. Woernle: Mehrkörpersysteme - Eine Einführung in die Kinematik und Dynamik von Systemen starrer Körper,
- W. Schiehlen, P. Eberhard: Technische Dynamik - Modelle für Regelung und Simulation,
- E. Eich-Soellner, C. Führer: Numerical methods in Multibody Dynamics,
- R.E. Roberson, R. Schwertassek: Dynamics of Multibody Systems,
- J. Wittenburg: Dynamics of Multibody Systems.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-11-M-3] Introduction to Numerical Methods (M, 9.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)