- application fields (electrical circuits and multibody mechanical systems),
- relation with singularly perturbed problems,
- solution theory and index concepts,
- normal form for linear DAEs,
- numerical aspects
Differential-Algebraic Equations (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-23-M-4||Differential-Algebraic Equations||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg. SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Specialization)|
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||42 h||93 h||
- About [MAT-81-23-K-4]: Title: "Differential-Algebraic Equations"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 93 h
- About [MAT-81-23-K-4]: The study achievement [U-Schein] proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded) must be obtained.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86195 ("Differential-Algebraic Equations")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By completing the given exercises, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture. They have learnt how to apply these techniques to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies indepently or by team work.
- P. Kunkel, V. Mehrmann: Differential-Algebraic Equations. Analysis and Numerical Solution,
- B. Simeon: Computational Flexible Multibody Dynamics,
- S. Trenn: Solution concepts for linear DAEs: a survey; in: Surveys in Differential-Algebraic Equations I (Eds. A. Ilchmann, T. Reis).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [MAT-81-23-M-4]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics||Applied Mathematics||[WP] Compulsory Elective|
|[MAT-88.706-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics International||Applied Mathematics||[WP] Compulsory Elective|
|[MAT-88.118-SG] M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics||General Mathematics||[WP] Compulsory Elective|
|[MAT-88.276-SG] M.Sc. Business Mathematics||General Mathematics||[WP] Compulsory Elective|