- homogenisation of elliptic equations with oscillating coefficients,
- classification of multiscale problems,
- advanced numerical algorithms for PDEs and systems of PDEs with oscillating coefficients (including multiscale finite element method, multiscale finite volume method, heterogeneous multiscale method, subgrid approach),
- numerical approaches for stochastic elliptic PDE.
PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-20-M-7||PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-20-K-7]: Title: "PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86362 ("PDE based Multiscale Problems and Numerical Approaches for their Solution")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
With the help of concrete examples, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and methods taught in the lectures. They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and are able to reproduce and explain them. In particular, they can outline the conditions and assumptions that are necessary for the validity of the statements.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)