- elastic bodies,
- special cases of beams and plane strain/stress state,
- finite element space discretisation,
- specific time integration schemes.
Scientific Computing in Solid Mechanics (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-19-M-7||Scientific Computing in Solid Mechanics||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Scientific Computing in Solid Mechanics
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-19-K-7]: Title: "Scientific Computing in Solid Mechanics"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86409 ("Scientific Computing in Solid Mechanics")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
They have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and methods taught in the lecture. They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and are able to reproduce and explain them. In particular, they can outline the conditions and assumptions that are necessary for the validity of the statements. They are able to apply the methods to new problems, to analyze them and to develop solution strategies.
- D. Braess: Finite Elements,
- P.G. Ciarlet: Mathematical Elasticity I,
- T.J.R. Hughes: The Finite Element Method,
- J. Marsden, T.J.R. Hughes: Mathematical Foundations of Elasticity.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-11-M-3] Introduction to Numerical Methods (M, 9.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)