- regular and singular disturbed problems,
- multi-scale expansions,
- boundary layers for differential equations.
Asymptotic Analysis (M, 9.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-15-M-7||Asymptotic Analysis||9.0 CP (270 h)|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-15-K-7]: Title: "Asymptotic Analysis"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86150 ("Asymptotic Analysis")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
On the basis of concrete exercises, they have worked out a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and methods of the lecture. They have learned to transfer the methods to new problems, to analyse them and to develop solution strategies.
- G. I. Barenblatt: Scaling,
- N. G. De Bruijn: Asymptotic methods in analysis,
- M. H. Holmes: Introduction to perturbation methods,
- U. Hornung: Homogenization and porous media,
- J. K. Hunter: Asymptotic analysis and singular perturbation theory (Lecture Notes).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)