- derivation of Stokes and Navier-Stokes equations,
- solution methods for the Stokes equation,
- approximation methods for equations of fluid dynamics.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-81-14-M-7||Computational Fluid Dynamics||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Computational Fluid Dynamics
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-81-14-K-7]: Title: "Computational Fluid Dynamics"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86160 ("Computational Fluid Dynamics")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
With the help of concrete tasks, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture. In addition, they have learnt how to apply these techniques to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies.
- M. Feistauer: Mathematical Methods in Fluid Dynamics,
- E.F. Toro: Riemann Solvers and Numerical Methods for Fluid Dynamics.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-80-11A-M-4] Numerics of ODE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-80-11B-M-4] Introduction to PDE (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-81-11-M-7] Numerical Methods for Elliptic and Parabolic PDE (M, 9.0 LP)