- representation of time-discrete and continuous linear and non-linear dynamic systems,
- stability of dynamic systems,
- accessibility, controllability, observability,
- feedback rule.
Systems and Control Theory (M, 9.0 LP, AUSL)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-80-12-M-6||Systems and Control Theory||9.0 CP (270 h)|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||2 Sem. from irreg.|
|Level|| Master (General)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-TEMA] Industrial Mathematics|
|Livecycle-State||[AUSL] Phase-out period|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Introduction to Systems and Control Theory
|P||42 h||93 h||
Systems and Control Theory: Advanced Topics
|P||42 h||93 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-80-12A-K-4]: Title: "Introduction to Systems and Control Theory"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 93 h
- About [MAT-80-12A-K-4]: The study achievement "[U-Schein] proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)" must be obtained.
- About [MAT-80-12B-K-7]: Title: "Systems and Control Theory: Advanced Topics"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 93 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 84261 ("Systems and Control Theory")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
- extended state space and behaviour theory,
- control concepts,
- transfer functions and realisation theory,
- polynomial system models.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By completing the given exercises, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture. In addition, they have learnt how to apply these techniques to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies independently or by team work.
- E. Zerz: Introduction to Systems and Control Theory,
- J.W. Polderman, J. Willems: Introduction to Mathematical Systems Theory,
- H.W. Knobloch, H. Kwakernaak: Lineare Kontrolltheorie,
- D. Hinrichsen, A.J. Pritchard: Mathematical Systems Theory I,
- E.D. Sontag: Mathematical Control Theory.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-11-M-3] Introduction to Numerical Methods (M, 9.0 LP)