- Random closed sets and their characteristics,
- Discretisation and three-dimensional context,
- Mathematical morphology,
- Methods of image processing: filtering, segmentation, Euclidean distance transformation, labeling,watershed transformation,
- Estimates of geometrical characteristics for random closed sets of image data.
Image Analysis for Stochastic Structures (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-62-17-M-7||Image Analysis for Stochastic Structures||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[MAT-STO] Stochastics/Statistics/Financial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Image Analysis for Stochastic Structures
|P||56 h||79 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-62-17-K-7]: Title: "Image Analysis for Stochastic Structures"; Presence-Time: 56 h; Self-Study: 79 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86256 ("Image Analysis for Stochastic Structures")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By solving the exercise problems, they have gained a precise and independent handling of terms, propositions and methods of the lecture. They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and are able to reproduce and explain them. They can in particular outline the conditions and assumptions that are necessary for the validity of the statements.
- D. Stoyan, W.S. Kendall, J. Mecke: Stochastic Geometry and its Applications,
- R. Schneider, W. Weil: Stochastic and Integral Geometry,
- J. Ohser, K. Schladitz: 3D Images of Materials Structures: Processing and Analysis.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-14-M-3] Stochastic Methods (M, 9.0 LP)