- Spatial point processes (in R² und R³),
- Point process models (Poisson process, Hard-core and cluster processes, Gibbs processes) and their simulation,
- Statistical methods for pint processes,
- Marked point processes and particle processes.
Spatial Statistics (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-62-15-M-7||Spatial Statistics||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[MAT-STO] Stochastics/Statistics/Financial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-62-15-K-7]: Title: "Spatial Statistics"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86406 ("Spatial Statistics")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture. In addition, they have learnt how to apply these techniques to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies
- J. Møller, R.P. Waagepetersen: Statistical Inference and Simulation for Spatial Point Processes,
- D. Stoyan, W.S. Kendall, J. Mecke: Stochastic Geometry and its Applications,
- J. Illian, A. Penttinen, H. Stoyan, D. Stoyan: Statistical Analysis and Modelling of Spatial Point Patterns.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-14-14-M-3] Stochastic Methods (M, 9.0 LP)