Advanced topic on Master's level in the field of Financial Mathematics.
Seminar Actuarial and Financial Mathematics (M, 3.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-61-SEM-M-7||Seminar Actuarial and Financial Mathematics||3.0 CP (90 h)|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-STO] Stochastics/Statistics/Financial Mathematics|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.B84-SG] M.Sc. Actuarial and Financial Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Seminar (Financial Mathematics)
|WP||28 h||62 h||
Seminar (Actuarial Mathematics)
|WP||28 h||62 h||
- About [MAT-61F-SEM-K-7]: Title: "Seminar (Financial Mathematics)"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 62 h
- About [MAT-61F-SEM-K-7]: The study achievement [SEM-Schein] proof of successful participation in the seminar must be obtained.
- About [MAT-61V-SEM-K-7]: Title: "Seminar (Actuarial Mathematics)"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 62 h
- About [MAT-61V-SEM-K-7]: The study achievement [SEM-Schein] proof of successful participation in the seminar must be obtained.
Evaluation of grades
The module is not graded (only study achievements)..
An advanced topic to be chosen from the field of actuarial mathematics.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Students have learned to use scientific methods in order to work on an advanced topic in the field of financial and actuarial mathematics autonomously. Moreover, they have learned to present this in the form of a lecture and thus have acquired in-depth skills in the presentation of mathematical content.
will be announced together with the announcement of the seminar.
The literature required will be announced during the course.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Depending on the choice of the topic, different courses from the bachelor and the master degree programmes of mathematics will be required.
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-60-11-M-4] Probability Theory (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [MAT-61-SEM-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[MAT-88.B84-SG] M.Sc. Actuarial and Financial Mathematics||Actuarial and Financial Mathematics||[P] Compulsory|