- central examples (including symmetrical groups),
- structural theory,
- representation theory.
Reflection Groups (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-43-26-M-7||Reflection Groups||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-AGCA] Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||42 h||93 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-43-26-K-7]: Title: "Reflection Groups"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 93 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86379 ("Reflection Groups")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By completing the given exercises, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and methods taught in the lecture. They have learnt how to apply the methods to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies independently or by team work.
- J. E. Humphreys: Reflection groups and Coxeter groups,
- G. D. James: The representation theory of the symmetric groups,
- M. Broué: Introduction to complex reflection groups and their braid groups.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-40-25-M-4] Character Theory of Finite Groups (M, 4.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-11-K-2] Algebraic Structures (2V+2U, 5.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-22-K-3] Introduction to Algebra (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)