- BN Pairs,
- parabolic subgroups,
- subgroups of maximum rank,
- rational representations.
Algebraic Groups II (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-43-25-M-7||Algebraic Groups II||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[MAT-AGCA] Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Algebraic Groups II
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-43-25-K-7]: Title: "Algebraic Groups II"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 86125 ("Algebraic Groups II")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of this module, the students are familiarized with a class of important groups and algebraic varieties, which play a significant role in many areas of mathematics. They have learnt how the methods of group theory and algebraic geometry can complement eachother and lead to deeper understanding. They are able to name the essential propositions of the lecture as well as to classify and to explain the connections. They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and will be able to comprehend and explain them.
- G. Malle, D. Testermann: Linear Algebraic Groups and Finite Groups of Lie Type,
- J.E Humphreys: Linear Algebraic Groups,
- T. Springer: Linear Algebraic Groups.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-43-20-M-7] Algebraic Groups (M, 9.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)