- global fields,
- modules over Dedekind domain,
- valuation and completion,
- integral elements and orders.
Algebraic Number Theory (M, 9.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-43-22-M-7||Algebraic Number Theory||9.0 CP (270 h)|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[MAT-AGCA] Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Algebraic Number Theory
|P||84 h||186 h||-||-||PL1||9.0||irreg.|
- About [MAT-43-22-K-7]: Title: "Algebraic Number Theory"; Presence-Time: 84 h; Self-Study: 186 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86117 ("Algebraic Number Theory")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By completing the given exercises, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture. They are able to name the essential propositions of the lecture as well as to classify and to explain the connections. They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and are able to comprehend and explain them. In particular, they are able to outline the conditions and assumptions that are necessary for the validity of the statements.
- F. Lorenz: Algebra 2,
- F. Lorenz: Zahlentheorie,
- J.-P. Serre: Local Fields,
- H. Stichentoth: Algebraic Function Fields and Codes,
- H. Cohen: Advanced Topics in Computational Number Theory,
- J. Neukirch: Algebraische Zahlentheorie.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-12-11-K-2] Algebraic Structures (2V+2U, 5.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-22-K-3] Introduction to Algebra (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)