- Puiseux field,
- convex geometry,
- tropicalisation and tropical varieties,
- tropical moduli spaces and intersection theory,
- selected results from tropical enumerative geometry.
Tropical Geometry (M, 4.5 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-42-15-M-7||Tropical Geometry||4.5 CP (135 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[MAT-AGCA] Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||28 h||107 h||-||-||PL1||4.5||irreg.|
- About [MAT-42-15-K-7]: Title: "Tropical Geometry"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 107 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 86418 ("Tropical Geometry")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
They are able to name the essential propositions of the lecture as well as to classify and to explain the connections. They understand the proofs presented in the lecture and are able to comprehend and explain them. In particular, they are able to outline the conditions and assumptions that are necessary for the validity of statements.
- A. Gathmann, Tropical Algebraic Geometry,
- D. Maclagan, B. Sturmfels: Introduction to Tropical Geometry.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-10-1-M-2] Fundamentals of Mathematics (M, 28.0 LP)
- [MAT-40-12-M-7] Algebraic Geometry (M, 9.0 LP)