- Singular and simplicial homology,
- computation of homology groups,
- cup and cap product,
- Künneth formula,
- Poincaré duality.
Algebraic Topology (M, 9.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-40-16-M-6||Algebraic Topology||9.0 CP (270 h)|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Area of study||[MAT-AGCA] Algebra, Geometry and Computer Algebra|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-88.105-SG] M.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||84 h||186 h||
- About [MAT-40-16-K-6]: Title: "Algebraic Topology"; Presence-Time: 84 h; Self-Study: 186 h
- About [MAT-40-16-K-6]: The study achievement [U-Schein] proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded) must be obtained.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 84140 ("Algebraic Topology")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
By completing the given exercises, the students have developed a skilled, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and techniques taught in the lecture. In addition, they have learnt how to apply these techniques to new problems, analyze them and develop solution strategies independently or by team work.
- M.A. Armstrong: Basic Topology,
- A. Hatcher: Algebraic Topology,
- W.S. Massey: A Basic Course in Algebraic Topology.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [MAT-12-11-K-2] Algebraic Structures (2V+2U, 5.5 LP)
- [MAT-12-26-K-3] Introduction to Topology (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)