Applied Mathematics A (M, 9.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-14-10A-M-3||Applied Mathematics A||9.0 CP (270 h)|
|CP, Effort||9.0 CP = 270 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Core)|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-GRU] Mathematics (B.Sc. year 1 and 2)|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-82.105-SG] B.Sc. Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Practical Mathematics (B.Sc. Mathematics)
- About [MAT-14-KPOOL-3]: Title: "Practical Mathematics (B.Sc. Mathematics)";
- About [MAT-14-KPOOL-3]: A course from the course pool must be selected.
- About [MAT-14-KPOOL-3]: The study achievement [U-Schein] proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded) must be obtained.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20-30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 82067 ("Module Exam Applied Mathematics A")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
- numerical methods,
- stochastic methods,
- linear and network programming,
- symbolic computing
or another area of practical/applied mathematics.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
In the exercises classes, the students have acquired a confident, precise and independent handling of the terms, propositions and methods from the lectures. The practical implementation of the algorithms was learned in parallel within the framework of programming projects (see module [MAT-14-00-M-3]).