Fundamentals of Mathematics I (for Students of Physics) (M, 15.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-10-11P-M-2||Fundamentals of Mathematics I (for Students of Physics)||15.0 CP (450 h)|
|CP, Effort||15.0 CP = 450 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Fundamentals)|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-Service] Mathematics for other Departments|
|Reference course of study||[PHY-82.128-SG] B.Sc. Physics|
The courses are also offered in distance learning as part of the programme „Früheinstieg in das Mathematikstudium“ (FiMS), see https://fims.mathematik.uni-kl.de
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra
|P||56 h||124 h||
Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis
|P||112 h||158 h||
- About [MAT-10-11B-K-2]: Title: "Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra"; Presence-Time: 56 h; Self-Study: 124 h
- About [MAT-10-11B-K-2]: The study achievement must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1 .
- About [MAT-10-11A-K-2]: Title: "Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis"; Presence-Time: 112 h; Self-Study: 158 h
- About [MAT-10-11A-K-2]: The study achievement must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1 .
Study achievement SL1
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (incl. written examination)
- Study achievement is a prerequisite for the examination.
- Examination number (Study achievement): 82015 ("Exercise Class Fundamentals of Mathematics I")
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (30-45 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
- vector spaces,
- linear mappings,
- linear systems of equations,
b) Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis:
- real and complex numbers,
- sequences, limit values and series; power series,
- elementary functions; continuity,
- differentiation (in the one-dimensional case),
- integration (in the one-dimensional case).
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- have mastered the basic concepts of Linear Algebra and one-dimensional Analysis as a foundation for further scientific studies; through the exercises and the tutorials they have acquired a confident, precise and independent handling of the terms, statements and methods dealt with in the lectures;
- are trained in analytical thinking; they are able to recognise abstract structures and to work on mathematical problems imaginatively;
- are able to convey elementary mathematical facts; their teamwork and communication skills have been trained through exercises and tutorials.
- G. Fischer: Lineare Algebra,
- K. Jänich: Lineare Algebra,
- H.-J. Kowalsky, G.O. Michler: Lineare Algebra,
- S. Bosch: Lineare Algebra,
- O. Forster: Analysis 1,
- H. Heuser: Lehrbuch der Analysis, Teil 1,
- M. Barner, F. Flohr: Analysis I,
- K. Königsberger: Analysis 1.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [MAT-10-11P-M-2]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[PHY-82.128-SG] B.Sc. Physics||Mathematikmodule||[P] Compulsory|