Fundamentals of Mathematics A: Linear Algebra I and Analysis I (M, 15.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-10-11-M-2||Fundamentals of Mathematics A: Linear Algebra I and Analysis I||15.0 CP (450 h)|
|CP, Effort||15.0 CP = 450 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Fundamentals)|
Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-EDU] Mathematics (B.Ed./M.Ed.)|
|Reference course of study||[MAT-31.105-SG] B.Ed. LaGR Mathematics|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra
|P||56 h||124 h||
Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis
|P||112 h||158 h||
- About [MAT-10-11B-K-2]: Title: "Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra"; Presence-Time: 56 h; Self-Study: 124 h
- About [MAT-10-11B-K-2]: The study achievement must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1 .
- About [MAT-10-11A-K-2]: Title: "Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis"; Presence-Time: 112 h; Self-Study: 158 h
- About [MAT-10-11A-K-2]: The study achievement must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1 .
Study achievement SL1
- Verification of study performance: proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (incl. written examination)
- Study achievement is a prerequisite for the examination.
- Examination number (Study achievement): 82015 ("Exercise Class Fundamentals of Mathematics I")
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (30-45 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 80105 ("Fundamentals of mathematics I: Linear Algebra & Analysis")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Linear Algebra:
- vector spaces,
- linear mappings,
- linear systems of equations,
Fundamentals of Mathematics I: Analysis:
- real and complex numbers,
- sequences, limit values and series; power series,
- elementary functions; continuity,
- differentiation (in the one-dimensional case),
- integration (in the one-dimensional case).
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of this module, the students
- have mastered the basic concepts of Linear Algebra and one-dimensional Analysis as a foundation for further scientific studies; through the exercises and the tutorials they have acquired a confident, precise and independent handling of the terms, statements and methods dealt with in the lectures;
- are trained in analytical thinking; they are able to recognise abstract structures and to work on mathematical problems imaginatively;
- are able to convey elementary mathematical facts; their teamwork and communication skills have been trained through exercises and tutorials.
- G. Fischer: Lineare Algebra,
- K. Jänich: Lineare Algebra,
- H.-J. Kowalsky, G.O. Michler: Lineare Algebra,
- S. Bosch: Lineare Algebra,
- O. Forster: Analysis 1,
- H. Heuser: Lehrbuch der Analysis, Teil 1,
- M. Barner, F. Flohr: Analysis I,
- K. Königsberger: Analysis 1.
Registration for the exercise classes and tutorials via the online administration system URM (https://urm.mathematik.uni-kl.de).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [MAT-10-11-M-2]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[MAT-31.105-SG] B.Ed. LaGR Mathematics||Compulsory Modules||[P] Compulsory|
|[MAT-47.105-SG] B.Ed. LaBBS Mathematics||Compulsory Modules||[P] Compulsory|
|[MAT-B4.105-SG] ZEP LaG Mathematics||Compulsory Elective Modules||[WP] Compulsory Elective|
|[MAT-B2.105-SG] ZEP LaRSP Mathematics||Compulsory Elective Modules||[WP] Compulsory Elective|
|[MAT-B5.105-SG] ZEP LaBBS Mathematics||Compulsory Elective Modules||[WP] Compulsory Elective|