- sequences and series,
- differential calculus for functions of one and several variables,
- integral calculus for functions of one and several variables,
- complex numbers.
Higher Mathematics for Civil Engineers II (M, 8.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-00-62-M-1||Higher Mathematics for Civil Engineers II||8.0 CP (240 h)|
|BI-BSCBI-002-M-2||Higher Mathematics for Civil Engineers II||8.0 CP (240 h)|
|CP, Effort||8.0 CP = 240 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (General)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-Service] Mathematics for other Departments|
|Reference course of study||[BI-82.17-SG] B.Sc. Civil Engineering|
To prepare for this course, it is recommended to participate in the Online Mathematics Bridge Course (OMB+), see https://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/omb/ before starting with the studies.
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Higher Mathematics for Civil Engineers II
|P||84 h||156 h||
- About [MAT-00-62-K-1]: Title: "Higher Mathematics for Civil Engineers II"; Presence-Time: 84 h; Self-Study: 156 h
- About [MAT-00-62-K-1]: The study achievement [U-Schein] proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded) must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (120 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 81065 ("Higher Mathematics for Civil Engineers II")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
The following competencies are to be promoted:
Professional competence, methodological competence; social competence
Learning outcomes: Upon successful completion of the module, the students will be able
- to deepen, if necessary, the specific mathematical concepts and methods of analysis used in the context of civil engineering, as required in the further course of the study programme (since they know and understand them);
- to work on and solve problems in civil engineering by means of mathematical methods and models, as they have learnt this via simple examples;
- to deal confidently and independently with the terms, statements and methods from the lecture and to apply the presented methods and concepts in examples;
- to work on tasks in written form and present them (thereby training their presentation and communication skills);
- to acquire knowledge through self-study and to develop their ability to work in a team by working in smaller groups.
The literature is announced in the course(s).
Registration for the exercise classes is required (details will be announced at the beginning of the course).
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [BI-BSCBI-002-M-2]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[BI-82.17-SG] B.Sc. Civil Engineering||Mathematical and scientific fundamentals||[P] Compulsory|