- complex numbers,
- vector functions,
- functions of several variables,
- partial derivatives,
- the total derivative,
- maxima and minima for functions of several variables,
- the Riemann Integral,
- the indefinite integral,
- vector fields,
- curve integral,
Mathematics I (for Students of Chemistry) (M, 5.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|MAT-00-31-M-1||Mathematics I (for students of chemistry)||5.0 CP (150 h)|
|CHE-BaCh-011-M-1||Basic Module: Mathematics I||5.0 CP (150 h)|
|CP, Effort||5.0 CP = 150 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (General)|
+ further Lecturers of the department Mathematics
|Area of study||[MAT-Service] Mathematics for other Departments|
|Reference course of study||[CHE-82.32-SG] B.Sc. Chemistry|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Mathematics I (for Students of Chemistry)
|P||56 h||94 h||-||-||PL1||5.0||WiSe/SuSe|
- About [MAT-00-31-K-1]: Title: "Mathematics I (for Students of Chemistry)"; Presence-Time: 56 h; Self-Study: 94 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (90-120 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
- Examination number: 81031 ("Mathematik I für Chemiker")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- Professional competence: confident and independent use of the terms from the lecture.
- Methodological competence: skilled and independent handling of the methods from the lecture.
- Personal competence: independent and critical learning and thinking.
- Social competence: ability to work in a team.
By means of exemplary calculations, the students gain an understanding of fundamental mathematical concepts and facts. They will thus be able to solve scientific problems, especially in the field of chemistry, using the mathematical methods they have learned.
- G. Brunner, R. Brück: Mathematik für Chemiker,
- A. Jüngel, H.G. Zachmann: Mathematik für Chemiker,
- T. Rießinger: Mathematik für Ingenieure.
To refresh the knowledge of school mathematics, it is recommended to attend the mathematics preparatory course (Vorkurs) before starting with this course.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)None
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [CHE-BaCh-011-M-1]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[CHE-82.32-SG] B.Sc. Chemistry||[Compulsory Modules] Basic Modules||[P] Compulsory|
|[CHE-82.96-SG] B.Sc. Food Chemistry||[Compulsory Modules] Basic Modules||[P] Compulsory|
|[WIW-82.177-SG#2009] B.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering specialising in Chemistry (2009) ||[Fundamentals] Quantitative Methods||[P] Compulsory|
|[CHE-82.B41-SG#2020] B.Sc. Chemistry with Focus Economics ||[Compulsory Modules] Module der Chemie (Grundmodule)||[P] Compulsory|
|[WIW-82.?-SG#2021] B.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering specialising in Chemistry (2021) ||[Fundamentals] Scientific Basics and Methods||[P] Compulsory|