- Concepts and history of agent based simulations (ABM)
- Classical models and results
- Dealing with simulation tools: NetLogo, Repast, Fables
- Analysis in R, 'Executable Papers'
- Design and implementation of an individual ABM project
Agent Based Simulations of Complex Systems (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|INF-74-60-M-6||Agent Based Simulations of Complex Systems||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Area of study||[INF-KI] Intelligent Systems|
|Reference course of study||[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Agent Based Simulations of Complex Systems
|P||42 h||78 h||
- About [INF-74-60-K-6]: Title: "Agent Based Simulations of Complex Systems"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 78 h
- About [INF-74-60-K-6]:
The study achievement "[U-Schein] proof of successful participation in the exercise classes (ungraded)" must be obtained.
- It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (60-180 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each summer semester
- Examination number: 67460 ("Agent Based Simulations of Complex Systems")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to
- explain basic concepts and methods of agent-based simulation
- select suitable software to perform agent-based simulations,
- compare algorithmic procedures of agent-based simulations in relation to each other,
- design agent-based simulations.
Will be announced in the lecture.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)None
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [INF-74-60-M-6]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science||[Specialisation] Specialization 1||[WP] Compulsory Elective|