In this project, procedures and methods of AI should be practised and implemented. Details will be announced in the preliminary meeting.
Applied Artificial Intelligence (Project) (M, 8.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|INF-71-45-M-7||Applied Artificial Intelligence (Project)||8.0 CP (240 h)|
|CP, Effort||8.0 CP = 240 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[INF-KI] Intelligent Systems|
|Reference course of study||[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Applied Artificial Intelligence (Project)
|P||56 h||184 h||
Evaluation of grades
The module is not graded (only study achievements)..
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to
- to apply models and methods of AI in general and in Machine Learning (ML) in particular,
- to use representation and processing mechanisms for distributed knowledge
- to select and apply problem-relevant ML architectures
- Preparing data and applying appropriate training methods
to process completed tasks on the basis of AI methods, and
- to determine basic and extended requirements for a system solution in discussions with users,
- independently define additional requirements for a system solution according to heuristic criteria
- to subdivide agreed and self-chosen tasks into subtasks and work on them together in a cooperative manner,
- to estimate and plan the project effort in detail and to use resources in a goal-oriented way,
- to document and manage work results comprehensively and accurately and to present results,
- to present a technical lecture using suitable media to a heterogeneous specialist audience,
- to lead and moderate a substantiated discussion on the chosen topic based on a technical lecture,
- assess own scope for action and decision-making and the associated responsibility and, if necessary, obtain targeted information, define priorities, derive tasks, develop solutions and monitor progress
- to recognize misunderstandings and role conflicts in communication situations at an early stage and to contribute to conflict resolution,
- to argue in controversial discussions in a goal-oriented manner and to deal with criticism objectively,
- to participate constructively and actively in heterogeneous working groups,
- to represent independent points of view and, if necessary, points of view that differ from others in a very comprehensible way and to argue plausibly and convincingly.
- to lead, instruct and motivate a working group frequently,
- to lead heterogeneously composed groups responsibly and to represent work results to third parties.
- to independently develop own professional, methodological, technological, interdisciplinary, social and personal competencies.
to be announced during the project
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)None
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [INF-71-45-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science||[Specialisation] Specialization 1||[WP] Compulsory Elective|