The content is taken from scientific papers related to the topics listed for the modules Advanced Algorithmics and Algorithm Engineering, i.e. fixed parameter algorithms, randomized algorithms and data structures etc. in general but also specific algorithms and data structures for the efficient handling of huge datasets, algorithms used for sorting and searching, graph algorithms and algorithms and data structures used to process objects encoded by words.
Specific Algorithms (Seminar) (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|INF-54-72-M-7||Specific Algorithms (Seminar)||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[INF-ALG] Algorithmics and Deduction|
|Reference course of study||[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Specific Algorithms (Seminar)
|P||28 h||92 h||
Evaluation of grades
The module is not graded (only study achievements)..
Competencies / intended learning achievements
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to
- familiarize with a special topic in the field of algorithms.
- independently compile relevant technical literature on the chosen topic,
- familiarize themselves thoroughly with a technically and scientifically challenging topic
- comment on a scientific work in a well-founded and critical manner,
- place the chosen topic in its scientific context and to differentiate it appropriately
- present the results in a formally correct, structured and focused way in a written paper,
- follow and critically question a scientific presentation
- independently write a scientifically sound written paper on the chosen topic,
- design and conduct a specialized lecture on the chosen topic in a didactically appealing manner,
- assess one's own scope for action and decision-making and the associated responsibility and, if necessary, to obtain specific information, define priorities, derive tasks, develop solutions and monitor progress
- present and discuss a scientific question in English.
Depending on topic
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)None
- Notice: Some Courses have informal requirements for attendance:
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [INF-54-72-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science||[Specialisation] Specialization 1||[WP] Compulsory Elective|