Selected topics in the area of scientific computing.
Scientific Computing (Seminar) (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|INF-14-74-M-7||Scientific Computing (Seminar)||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[INF-VIS] Visualisation and Scientific Computing|
|Reference course of study||[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science|
This course is part of the research group seminar.
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Scientific Computing (Seminar)
|P||28 h||92 h||
- About [INF-14-74-K-7]: Title: "Scientific Computing (Seminar)"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 92 h
- About [INF-14-74-K-7]: The study achievement [AUSARB_P] written elaboration and presentation must be obtained.
Evaluation of grades
The module is not graded (only study achievements)..
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After successfully completing the module, students will be able to
- gain in-depth understanding of a specialized topic in the area of scientific computing.
- compile relevant technical literature on the chosen topic.
- familiarize themselves with a technically and scientifically challenging topic.
- comment on a scientific research in a well-founded and critical manner.
- place the chosen topic in its scientific context and to differentiate it appropriately.
- present the results in a formally correct, structured and focused way in a written paper.
- follow and critically question a scientific presentation
- write a scientifically sound written paper on the chosen topic.
- design and conduct a specialized lecture on the chosen topic in a didactically appealing manner.
- assess one's own scope for action and decision-making and the associated responsibility and, if necessary, to obtain specific information, define priorities, derive tasks, develop solutions and monitor progress
- present and discuss a scientific question in English.
topic specific literature
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [INF-14-74-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[INF-88.79-SG] M.Sc. Computer Science||Specialization 1||[WP] Compulsory Elective|