- Specification of software requirements
- Development and implementation of algorithms as well as data modeling in programs
- Characteristics of programming frameworks, algorithms and programming languages
- Development environments and other programming tools (e.g., version control systems)
- Testing and debugging as well as software quality assurance (e.g., module and integration tests)
- Practical experiments on the runtime behavior of algorithms
- Development and usage of libraries for efficient data structures
Programming Lab (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|INF-02-21-M-2||Programming Lab||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Fundamentals)|
|Area of study||[INF-PFL] Mandatory Modules|
|Reference course of study||[INF-82.79-SG] B.Sc. Computer Science|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||28 h||92 h||
Evaluation of grades
The module is not graded (only study achievements)..
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After successfully completing the module, students will be able to
- develop their programming skills based on selected tasks, which mainly practice the application of algorithms and data structures,
- handle integrated development environments (IDE) using current programming languages and use appropriate resources to solve problems,
- document their source code appropriately,
- work together on certain programming tasks in software development teams.
- Bloch, Joshua. Effective java . Pearson Education India, 2016.
- A. Hunt und D. Thomas,The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master , 1 edition. Reading, Mass: Addison-Wesley Professional, 1999.
- R. C. Martin, Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship , 1. Aufl. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2008.
- S. McConnell, Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction, Second Edition , 2nd edition. Redmond, Wash: Microsoft Press, 2004.
- Naftalin, Maurice, and Philip Wadler. Java generics and collections . " O'Reilly Media, Inc.", 2007.
- R. Sedgewick, K. Wayne, Algorithms, Addison-Wesley Professional; 4th edition, 2011
- Sestoft, Peter. Java precisely. Mit Press, 2016.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)None
- Notice: Some Courses have informal requirements for attendance:
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [INF-02-21-M-2]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[INF-82.79-SG] B.Sc. Computer Science||[Compulsory Modules] Software Development||[P] Compulsory|
|[WIW-82.176-SG#2009] B.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering specialising in Computer Science (2009) ||[Fundamentals] Field of study: Computer Science||[P] Compulsory|
|[WIW-82.789-SG#2009] B.Sc. Business Studies with Technical Qualifications (2009) ||[Fundamentals] Field of study: Computer Science||[P] Compulsory|
|[WIW-82.?-SG#2021] B.Sc. Business Studies with Technical Qualifications (2021) ||[Core Modules (non specialised)] Technical Profile Area||[P] Compulsory|