Master Thesis (M, 30.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|GS-CVT-L2-M-7||Master Thesis||30.0 CP (900 h)|
|CP, Effort||30.0 CP = 900 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
Lecturers of the department Graduate School
|Area of study||[GS-CVT] Commercial Vehicle Technology|
|Reference course of study||[GS-88.844-SG] M.Sc. Commercial Vehicle Technology|
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: Master's thesis
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
- Examination number: 41600 ("Master's Thesis")
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
- Student shows his/her ability to work autonomously to a large extent under direction of a professor or assistant on an engineering task and is able to solve it.
- Technical written documentation on project planning, work and output
- Oral presentation of the project
Student must find a professor among the three engineering faculties (Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering) willing to supervise the master thesis. By default, the Master Thesis is to be carried out at the University of Kaiserslautern and not in a company.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- Ability to interdisciplinary thinking: Students will learn the perspectives and train the thinking of three different engineering disciplines. They learn to synthesize them into a problem solution from an interdisciplinary perspective by examples.
- Ability to execute a task in a technical solution and stimulating new developments: Students develop the ability to describe technical problems with mathematically engineering based methods and to analyze them. They acquire the ability to evaluate them and to derive a solution.
- Ability to practice: Students acquire deepened theoretical knowledge based on many practice examples and practical work, and acquire the ability to apply the theory purposefully.
- Competence in project management and organizing: Students acquire the theoretical background and training skills by modules from the area of soft skills and social sciences and train skills in project management.
- Ability to draft technical and scientific reports: Students exercise report writing in the preparation of presentations in the context of the master thesis.
- Communication skills: Students will learn the presentation of mathematical and scientific knowledge, engineering tasks, solutions, and results.
- Capacity for teamwork: Students learn to communicate with the other project participants while involved in research projects and to contribute their share of the overall problem solving in the group.
- Intercultural working: Students take part in an intercultural environment constantly through the international focus of the program. They learn how to deal with other cultures in the technical work as well as in course-related cultural activities.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [GS-CVT-L2-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[GS-88.844-SG] M.Sc. Commercial Vehicle Technology||Master Thesis||[P] Compulsory|