- Key factors of influence for project planning of electrical drive systems
- Iterative configuration process
- Structure, modelling, and stationary operating behaviour of the non-salient pole synchronous machine
- Structure, modelling, and stationary operating behaviour of the salient pole synchronous machine
- Variable-speed drives with synchronous motors
- Frequency-controlled synchronous machine
- Inverter motor
- Field-oriented operation of synchronous machines
- Variable-speed multi-motor drives with permanent magnet synchronous motors and reluctance motors
- Start-up and synchronization process
Electrical Drive Technology II (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-MEA-207-M-4||Electrical Drive Technology II||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Specialization)|
|Area of study||[EIT-MEA] Mechatronics and Electrical Drives|
|Reference course of study||[EIT-82.781-SG#2019] B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Electrical Drive Technology II
|P||42 h||78 h||-||-||PL1||4.0||SuSe|
- About [EIT-MEA-207-K-4]: Title: "Electrical Drive Technology II"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 78 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After completing this module you can...
- ... list and explain the key factors of influence for planning electrical drive systems.
- ... apply project planning strategies for electrical drive systems.
- ... elaborate on the constructive structure as well as the winding design of synchronous machines.
- ... model conventional synchronous machines as non-salient and salient pole design and represent the stationary operating behavior.
- ... model inverter-fed synchronous machine drives and represent the stationary operating behavior.
- ... evaluate the start-up and synchronization process of synchronous motor drives.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-MEA-207-M-4]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[EIT-82.781-SG#2019] B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Major-Specific Advanced Subjects||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Specialization Modules||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-82.?-SG#2021] B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Major-Specific Advanced Subjects||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Major Power Engineering (ENT)||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Technical Elective Modules||[W] Elective Module|