- Fundamentals of electric and hybrid vehicles (definitions, architectures, driving cycles, modeling, simulation, optimization)
- Longitudinal dynamics (equation of motion, vehicles resistances, vehicle performance, braking systems)
- Transmission systems (classification, manual gearboxes, friction clutches, automatic transmissions, torque converters, continuously variable transmissions, efficiencies)
- Propulsion systems (classification internal combustion engines, electric motors, power electronics)
- Storage systems (classification, batteries, supercapacitors, flywheels)
- Energy management systems (classification, examples)
- Illustration of the contents using simulations with MATLAB/Simulink und real vehicle data
Electric and Hybrid Vehicles (M, 3.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-JEM-517-M-7||Electric and Hybrid Vehicles||3.0 CP (90 h)|
|MV-JEM-517-M-7||Electric and Hybrid Vehicles||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[EIT-JEM] Electro Mobility|
|Reference course of study||[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Automation and Control (A&C) |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
|P||28 h||62 h||-||-||PL1||3.0||SuSe|
- About [EIT-JEM-517-K-7]: Title: "Electric and Hybrid Vehicles"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 62 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (90 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After completing this module you can...
- ... model, simulate, optimize, dimension and evaluate electric and hybrid vehicles.
- ... explain the energy conversion and energy losses in electric and hybrid vehicles.
- ... explain the operation strategies for electric and hybrid vehicles.
- ... assess and select architectures for electric and hybrid vehicles.
- ... assess and select as well as dimension and optimize the transmission, propulsion, storage and energy management system in electric and hybrid vehicles.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-JEM-517-M-7]
References to Module / Module Number [MV-JEM-517-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[MV-88.235-SG] M.Sc. Vehicle Engineering||Pflichtmodule||[P] Compulsory|