- Introduction to information security (10 %)
Security assessment (40 %)
- Introduction to security assessment
Security operations (30 %)
- Intrusion prevention and detection
- Incident response
- Standards, regulations and security policies
Emerging topics (1-3 current topics per semester, 20 %)
- E.g. Industrial security, cloud security, mobile/IoT security and WiFi auditing
Information Security Assessment and Operations (M, 8.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-FUN-413-M-7||Information Security Assessment and Operations||8.0 CP (240 h)|
|CP, Effort||8.0 CP = 240 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[EIT-FUN] Wireless Communication and Navigation|
|Reference course of study||[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Information Security Assessment and Operations
|P||45 h||195 h||
- About [EIT-FUN-413-K-7]: Title: "Information Security Assessment and Operations"; Presence-Time: 45 h; Self-Study: 195 h
- About [EIT-FUN-413-K-7]: The study achievement [L-Schein] proof of successful participation in the practical course / lab must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: examination in form of partial achievements
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- Memorize and define common IT (Information Technology) security taxonomies for threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment and security operations.
- Describe the standard methodologies for the phases reconnaissance, scanning, exploitation and post-exploitation of a security assessment.
- Describe the standard methodologies for authentication, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, incident response and physical security in the context of security operations.
- Develop and justify information security policies with knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry standards.
- Identify security problems in emerging topics of the IT and OT (Operational Technology) fields.
- Choose and use common scanning tools to discover potentially vulnerable services on a given target host.
- Compose and apply vulnerability exploitation techniques and gain privileged access to show a host is vulnerable.
- Analyze and reconstruct information in storage media and log files using common forensic tools
- Summarize significant findings and write about necessary technical details to reproduce these findings
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [EIT-NAT-301-M-4] Introduction to Communication Networks (M, 4.0 LP)
- [INF-02-13-M-2] Communication Systems (M, 4.0 LP)
- [INF-42-52-M-5] Network Security (M, 4.0 LP)
- [INF-42-55-M-6] Protocols and Algorithms for Network Security (M, 4.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-FUN-413-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.A44-SG#2018] M.Sc. Media and Communication Technology ||Technical Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Technical Elective Modules||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Media and Communication Technology ||Technical Elective Modules||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Automation and Control (A&C) ||Elective Modules||[W] Elective Module|