- Application-level design space exploration and selection of appropriate implementation styles
- High-level synthesis (HLS)
- Commercial hybrid devices (Xilinx and Intel FPGAs and SoCs)
- Virtual platforms (VPs) and SystemC / TLM basics
- Validation with unit tests and integration tests
- Development styles: Classic, Test-Driven Design (TDD), and agile hardware design
- Methods and tools for project tracking and collaboration
FPGA-Based Hardware Accelerators and Hybrid Systems (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-EMS-732-M-7||FPGA-Based Hardware Accelerators and Hybrid Systems||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[EIT-EMS] Microelectronic Systems Design|
|Reference course of study||[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
FPGA-Based Hardware Accelerators and Hybrid Systems
|P||32 h||88 h||-||-||PL1||4.0||SuSe|
- About [EIT-EMS-732-K-7]: Title: "FPGA-Based Hardware Accelerators and Hybrid Systems"; Presence-Time: 32 h; Self-Study: 88 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (20 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After completing this module you can...
- ... describe and reason advantages and drawbacks of novel design and validation methodologies.
- ... select a suitable flow for their specific problem.
- ... apply methods to estimate the performance of design drafts on a high level.
- ... justify and argue the use of high-level synthesis (HLS), Test-Driven Design (TDD), agile approaches, and virtual platforms (VPs).
- ... describe and relate advantages and drawbacks of various design patterns (e.g. agile development, test driven design, …) and to select the most appropriate ones for their application.
- ... set up meaningful test benches and select suitable approaches and metrics to deal with statistic tests.
- ... illustrate the basics of the most recent compute devices and tools.
- ... recommend appropriate reporting, documentation, and maintenance support tools for given settings.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)
Fundamentals of ...
- ... computing architectures
- ... RTL hardware design (VHDL or Verilog)
- ... microelectronics
- ... programming skills in C and C++
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)None
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-EMS-732-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||[Free Elective Area] Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.A20-SG#2021] M.Sc. European Master in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) ||[Free Elective Area] Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.A44-SG#2018] M.Sc. Media and Communication Technology ||[Free Elective Area] Technical Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.D55-SG#2021] M.Sc. Embedded Computing Systems (ESY) ||[Core Modules (non specialised)] Core Program||[WP] Compulsory Elective|
|[EIT-88.D55-SG#2021] M.Sc. Embedded Computing Systems (ESY) ||[Free Elective Area] Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-AC-MSC-RCS-WP-CORE-MPOOL-7]||RCS Core Electives|
|[EIT-EIT-MSC-TW-MPOOL-7]||Technical Elective Modules Master EIT|
|[EIT-MKT-MSC-TW-MPOOL-7]||Technical Elective Modules Master MKT|
|[EIT-SIAK-DT-ENG-MPOOL]||SIAK Certificate "Digital Transformation" - Modules EIT "Engineering"|