Today's companies have to deal with complex hardware architectures such as heterogeneous multi-core systems. Therefore, new development tools and approaches such as virtual prototyping are needed for efficient and fast design on electronic system level. In our research, we use SystemC and gem5 based virtual platforms for a thorough design space exploration on software and hardware level.
- Introduction to virtual prototyping and virtual product development methodology for embedded systems
- System models and specification
- Hardware/Software co-development with virtual prototyping
- Modelling with cycle accurate SystemC
- Modelling on higher level of abstraction with Transaction Level Modeling (TLM)
- Modelling of embedded processors with gem5
- Design space exploration for embedded systems with virtual prototypes