- Various terms and definitions of probability
- Stochastic independence, joined experiments
- Random Variables (ZV) and moments
- Special distributions of continuous and discrete random variables, multi-dimensional random variables, covariance matrix
- Application examples: reliability theory and safety
- Mathematical statistics, parameter estimation, confidence estimators
Principles and Applications of Probability Theory (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-EMS-454-M-2||Principles and Applications of Probability Theory||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Bachelor (Fundamentals)|
|Area of study||[EIT-EMS] Microelectronic Systems Design|
|Reference course of study||[EIT-82.781-SG#2019] B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Principles and Applications of Probability Theory
|P||25 h||95 h||
- About [EIT-EMS-454-K-2]: Title: "Principles and Applications of Probability Theory"; Presence-Time: 25 h; Self-Study: 95 h
- About [EIT-EMS-454-K-2]: The study achievement [K-Schein] proof of successful participation in written examination must be obtained. It is a prerequisite for the examination for PL1.
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (120 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After completing this module you can...
- ... define and explain the terms "Event", "Probability", "Random Variable", "Density Function", "Distribution Function", "Covariance Matrix", and "Correlation Coefficient".
- ... describe and model technical applications with probability theory formalisms and calculate given tasks.
- ... apply foundations of statistics to practical problems and compute and interpret statistical tests.
- ... gather and acquire information and helpful sources for various topics on your own, use the gained know-how for solving given tasks, and evaluate and reflect your own learning strategies.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-EMS-454-M-2]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[EIT-82.781-SG#2019] B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Fundamentals of Mathematics and Sciences (MNG)||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-82.A44-SG#2018] B.Sc. Media and Communication Technology ||Fundamentals of Mathematics and Sciences (MNG)||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-82.?-SG#2021] B.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Fundamentals of Mathematics and Sciences (MNG)||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-82.?-SG#2021] B.Sc. Media and Communication Technology ||Fundamentals of Mathematics and Sciences (MNG)||[P] Compulsory|