- Fault analysis methods (fault tree analysis, failure modes and effect analysis, criticality analysis)
- Maintenance strategies (e.g. preventive maintenance, risk-based maintenance) and the integration of fault diagnosis in maintenance
- Model-based process monitoring and fault diagnosis methods (observer based approaches, parity space approach)
- Residual generation, residual evaluation and threshold selection
- Methods of fault isolation and identification
- Key performance indices of fault diagnosis systems
- Data-driven fault diagnosis, multivariable statistical data analysis (e.g. principle component analysis, partial least squares, subspace based approaches)
- Fault tolerant control (active fault tolerant control, passive fault tolerant control)
- Basic procedure of carrying out fault diagnosis projects
- Plant asset management (concept, key components and realization).
Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control (M, 3.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-AUT-460-M-7||Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control||3.0 CP (90 h)|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[EIT-AUT] Automation Control|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control
|P||28 h||62 h||-||-||PL1||3.0||SuSe|
- About [EIT-AUT-460-K-7]: Title: "Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control"; Presence-Time: 28 h; Self-Study: 62 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: oral examination (30 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After completing this module you can...
- ... design and implement process monitoring and fault diagnosis units for technical systems.
- ... explain the main maintenance strategies in industrial praxis.
- ... carry out fault analysis, so that suitable monitoring and diagnosis functions can be deployed in industrial plants.
- ... explain both model-based and data-driven fault diagnosis approaches.
- ... evaluate the performance of monitoring and diagnosis systems and organize fault diagnosis projects efficiently.
- ... explain the basic principles and have the ability to design fault tolerant automation systems.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
- [EIT-AUT-457-M-4] Fundamentals of Automation (M, 5.0 LP)
- [EIT-LRS-504-M-3] Linear Control (M, 5.0 LP)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-AUT-460-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Elective Subjects||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Technical Elective Modules||[W] Elective Module|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Automation and Control (A&C) ||Major "Connected Automation Systems" (CAS)||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-AUT-RCS-WP-MPOOL-7]||RCS Core Electives|
|[GS-CVT-EE-E-MPOOL-6]||Catalog Electives Electrical and Computer Engineering|