- Procedure of developing logic control systems
- Modelling of logic control systems (Boolean algebra, automata, petri nets, signal interpreted petri nets)
- Analysis of system behavior (e.g. reachability, structural properties, deadlock, liveness, reversibility, conflict, formal correctness, reachability graph, coverability graph)
- Design of logic controllers
- Methods for verification and validation of logic control systems (simulation, model checking, temporal logic, explicit model checking, symbolic model checking)
- Online diagnosis of logic control systems
- Implementation of logic control systems (programmable logic controller (PLC), programming languages, ladder diagram, function block diagram, instruction list, sequential function chart, structured text, Norm IEC 61131)
- Automatic generation of PLC code
- Distributed logic control, norm IEC 61499
Logic Control (M, 4.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|EIT-AUT-450-M-7||Logic Control||4.0 CP (120 h)|
|CP, Effort||4.0 CP = 120 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[EIT-AUT] Automation Control|
|Reference course of study||[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering |
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||42 h||78 h||-||-||PL1||4.0||WiSe|
- About [EIT-AUT-450-K-7]: Title: "Logic Control"; Presence-Time: 42 h; Self-Study: 78 h
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: written exam (Klausur) (90 Min.)
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
After completing this module you can...
- ... design and implement logic control systems.
- ... explain the difference between logic control systems and feedback control systems.
- ... model logic control systems by means of Boolean algebra and discrete-event systems, especially automata, petri nets and signal interpreted petri nets.
- ... analyze the properties of a given logic control system.
- ... apply the main approaches for the validation and verification of logic control systems.
- ... explain the architecture of a programmable logic controller (PLC) and the standard programming languages specified in the norm IEC 61131.
- ... explain the basic idea of automatic generation of PLC codes.
- ... list typical approaches to automatic fault diagnosis of logic control systems.
- ... explain the basic principle of distributed logic control.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Module / Module Number [EIT-AUT-450-M-7]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[EIT-88.781-SG#2010] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Theoretical Part||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering ||Major Automation & Control (AUT)||[P] Compulsory|
|[EIT-88.?-SG#2021] M.Sc. Automation and Control (A&C) ||A&C Core Courses||[P] Compulsory|