Landscape architecture (M, 3.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|A-LA-W1-M-1||Landscape architecture||3.0 CP (90 h)|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. irreg.|
|Level|| Bachelor (General)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
|Area of study||[A-LA] Landschaftsarchitektur|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||28 h||62 h||
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: architectural design examination
- Examination Frequency: irregular (by arrangement)
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
- Students are taught the basics of landscape architecture as a prerequisite for urban development and architectural design work.
- Students are made aware of questions regarding the development of open and outdoor spaces in different urban and rural contexts
- The history, development and design of these spaces are discussed in the form of phenomenological, typological and theoretical analyses.
- Thorough conception and design of urban public squares, parks, left-over land and interspaces as well as open landscapes close to nature
- Development of interdisciplinary methods of resolution
- Development of the basic concepts for dealing with open and outdoor spaces
- Explanation of the interfaces and interactions between the different scales
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- Professional competence
- Methodological skills
- personal competence
- Social skills
Desired learning outcomes:
Students who successfully complete this module are able to,
- identify components and room types
- develop different contexts with different ways of reading or methods of analysis
- reflect critically on their own architectural actions across all disciplines in a specific context
Bibliographical references are given according to the seminar.
Materials are provided in the course, via learning platforms and on the websites of the subject areas.
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)