Architectural reflection (M, 18.0 LP)
|Module Number||Module Name||CP (Effort)|
|A-GTA-E1-M-6||Architectural reflection||18.0 CP (540 h)|
|CP, Effort||18.0 CP = 540 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (General)|
|Language||[DE/EN] German or English as required|
|Area of study||[A-GTA] Geschichte und Theorie der Architektur|
|Reference course of study||[A-88.13-SG] M.Sc. Architecture|
|Type/SWS||Course Number||Title||Choice in |
|SL||SL is |
required for exa.
|P||28 h||512 h||
Examination achievement PL1
- Form of examination: combination of talk and written elaboration
- Examination Frequency: each semester
Evaluation of grades
The grade of the module examination is also the module grade.
Gesamtnote aus Teilleistungen: Präsentation (33,33 %)/schriftliche Hausarbeit (66,66 %)
- Students work on a topic from the history and theory of architecture which they usually choose themselves in agreement with their supervising professor
- The aim is to be able to reflect on the architect’s work independently and scientifically on historical and theoretical foundations
- Students have to complete an assignment which corresponds to academic standards in close coordination with the supervising professor. It is supervised individually within the framework of exercises and workshop discussions.
Competencies / intended learning achievements
- Professional competence
- Methodological skills
- personal competence
- Social skills
Desired learning outcomes:
Students who successfully complete this module are able to,
- independently structure, present and deal with an architectural topic historically and theoretically in the context of an assignment.
Umberto Eco, Wie man eine wissenschaftliche Abschlussarbeit schreibt. Heidelberg 201013.
Depends on the task; digital or analogue materials are provided at the beginning of the course.
Students can register in person in the consultation-hour
Requirements for attendance of the module (informal)
Students must have a good command of spoken and written German. They are able to write texts and differentiate in their description of architectural phenomena.
Requirements for attendance of the module (formal)
BA modules 1.4., 5.4. or 6.5. or comparable.
References to Module / Module Number [A-GTA-E1-M-6]
|Course of Study||Section||Choice/Obligation|
|[A-88.13-SG] M.Sc. Architecture||[Compulsory Elective Modules] Projekte||[WP] Compulsory Elective|