Optimization of Logistics Systems (2K, 3.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||K||3.0 CP||30 h||60 h|
|(2K)||3.0 CP||30 h||60 h|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-WIN] Business Information Systems and Operations Research|
Introduction to Logistics Optimization
- Demand Analysis
- Logistic demand analysis and data procurement.
- Basic concepts of demand forecasting (time series)
- Problems involved in getting other data (costs, maps, position of vehicles etc)
Logistic Network Design
- Location problems, single and multi-echelon transportation and location models.
- Inventory management. Basic concepts and introduction to single stocking and multi stocking inventory problems
- Warehouse design and management. Internal structure, storage infrastructures and mechanism, Warehouse design and dimensioning, Tactical and operational problems
Long vs. Short Haul Freight Transportation
- Vehicle Loading Issues
- Freight assignment, service network design, shipment consolidation, vehicle and driver assignment problems
- Distribution and collection of goods to local destinations.
- The Vehicle Routing Problem family
- Main solution techniques
Slides with in-depth references for further reading will be made available.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)
References to Course [WIW-WIN-OLS-K-7]
|[WIW-WIN-CIN-M-7]||Computational Intelligence||P: Obligatory||2K, 3.0 LP|