Transportation (2V+1U, 4.5 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||V||Lecture||30 h||60 h|
|1||U||Lecture hall exercise class||15 h||30 h|
|(2V+1U)||4.5 CP||45 h||90 h|
|CP, Effort||4.5 CP = 135 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-LOG] Logistics|
- Classical variants of the vehicle routing problem
- Exact solution of tour planning problems
- Shortest path problems with resource constraints
- Heuristic solution approaches to transportation problems
- Recent trends
- Toth, P. & Vigo, D., eds. (2002). The vehicle routing problem. SIAM.
- Toth, P. & Vigo, D., eds. (2014). Vehicle routing: problems, methods, and applications. SIAM.
- Additional literature will be announced during the lecture.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Basic knowledge of graph theory as well as linear and mixed-integer optimization.