Exercise course: Change Management (2U, 3.0 LP)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|2||U||3.0 CP||30 h||60 h|
|(2U)||3.0 CP||30 h||60 h|
|CP, Effort||3.0 CP = 90 h|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-HRMOB] Human Resource Management, Leadership, and Organization|
In the business simulation game "Change Management", students deal with the challenges of organizational change processes. They learn to analyze change situations, to act strategically, and to critically reflect upon different change management practices. The base is a software-based simulation of an organization that faces a structural change. The students guide this organization from the perspective of a change agent, develop a strategic intervention design, and take actions in order to lead the characters of the game to accept and successfully conduct the change process. The transition should be promoted as far as possible in five phases.
- Griffin, R. W., Phillips, J. M., & Gully, S. M. (2019). Organizational behavior: Managing people and organizations (13th ed.). Cengage Learning.
- Hiatt, J. M. (2006). ADKAR: A model for change in business. Government and our community. Prosci Research.
- Jones, G. R., & Bouncken, R. B. (2008). Organisation: Theorie, Design und Wandel [Organization: Theory, design, and change] (5th ed.). Pearson.
- Kotter, J. P. (2012). Leading change. Harvard Business School Press.
- Lewin, K. (1947). Frontiers in group dynamics II. Channels of group life; social planning and action research. Human Relations, 1(2), 143–153. https://doi.org/10.1177/001872674700100201
- Lewin, K. (1951). Field theory in social science: Selected theoretical papers. Harper & Row.
- OLAT course
- Lecture notes with references
- Handbook of the simulation game
- Material for interactive exercises
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Knowledge about basic leadership and motivation concepts
Requirements for attendance (formal)None
References to Course [WIW-HRMOB-CM-K-7]
|[WIW-HRMOB-HRMOB1-M-7]||Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior||P: Obligatory||2U, 3.0 LP|