Principles of Entrepreneurship Lecture (AUSL)
|SWS||Type||Course Form||CP (Effort)||Presence-Time / Self-Study|
|Position of the semester||1 Sem. in WiSe/SuSe|
|Level|| Master (Advanced)|
|Area of study||[WIW-EPS] Entrepreneurship|
|Livecycle-State||[AUSL] Phase-out period|
Students learn about the foundations of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial decision-making as well as how to create innovative ideas and how to move from such ideas to an entrepreneurial firm. Moreover, students become acquainted with the basic principles of analyzing business opportunities and with the basics for writing a business plan.
This course is an online course where students watch lectures on various issue-specific topics.
- Barringer, B. R. & Ireland, D. 2012. Entrepreneurship: Successfully launching new ventures (4th ed.). NJ: Prentice Hall International.
- Amit, R., & Zott, C. 2001. Value creation in e‐business. Strategic Management Journal, 22: 493–520.
- Anderson, N., Potočnik, K., & Zhou, J. 2014. Innovation and creativity in organizations a state-of-the-science review, prospective commentary, and guiding framework. Journal of Management, 40: 1297–1333.
- -Morris, M. H., Kuratko, D. F., & Covin, J. G. 2008. Corporate entrepreneurship & innovation (2nd ed.). Mason, OH: Thomson South-western.
- Guth, W. D., & Ginsberg, A. 1990. Guest editors' introduction: Corporate entrepreneurship. Strategic Management Journal, 5–15.
- Henrekson, M., & Sanandaji, T. 2014. Small business activity does not measure entrepreneurship. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 111: 1760–1765.
- Osterwalder, A., & Pigneur, Y. 2010. Business model generation: a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Ozgen, E., & Baron, R. A. 2007. Social sources of information in opportunity recognition: Effects of mentors, industry networks, and professional forums. Journal of Business Venturing, 22: 174–192.
- Stevenson, H. H., Jarillo, J. C., 1990. A paradigm of entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurial Management. Strategic Management Journal, 11: 17–27.
- Sui, S. & Baum M. 2014. Internationalization strategy, firm resources and the survival of SMEs in the export market, Journal of International Business Studies, 45: 821–841.
- Sui, S., Morgan, H. M. & Baum, M. 2015. Internationalization of immigrant-owned SMEs: The role of language, Journal of World Business, 50: 804–814.
- Zott, C., & Amit, R. 2007. Business model design and the performance of entrepreneurial firms. Organization Science, 18: 181–199.
Requirements for attendance (informal)
Requirements for attendance (formal)